Saturday, November 22, 2008

Christmastime is Coming!

Christmastime is coming! But the chance that I have missed.
I hope I'm on the good side & not the noddy list.
I look under the Christmas tree, there's nothin' but a mess.
I wanted presents early but I am presentless.
3 days left til' Christmas. Let's sing Deck the halls.
I cut construction paper & hang mistletoe on the walls!
2 days left til' Christmas, we bake cookies with some frosting.
Then we add the sprinkles, then we do some flossing.
1 day left til' Christmas, we put cookies on the shelf.
I get my camera ready to see Santa & an elf.
I wake up the next morning, but I see no snow.
I hear "gobble, gobble" instead of "Ho, Ho, Ho"
I don't see geese 'a' laying or any gifts 'a' giving.
So I guess that it's November.
Which means today is THANKSGIVING!

5 comments:

The Bubs said...

That's why we named our boy Lincoln. There isn't anything that rhymes with Lincoln.

Brett - Rachel B said...

Hahah Stockton that was awesome! I liked how you were able to rhyme with "frosting" - very clever!
Rachel

Anonymous said...

Great poem, Stockton. I didn't even see the twist at the end coming. Very nice.

Anonymous said...

What about Stinkin' Lincoln?

Stockton said...

Obviously, I spelled "naughty" wrong.