Sunday, October 18, 2009

Club Code Book 1: The Mysterious E-Mail Chapter 1

I'm writing a story, so I've decided to post the 1st chapter on my blog:


Club Code
Book 1: The Mysterious E-Mail
Chapter 1: Carl & Karl
Carl & Karl were having fun goofing off at their computers experimenting new symbols by pressing Alt and a series of numbers on the right side of the keyboard."I hate it when I send an instant message to you and it comes out as a differet symbol." said Karl. For instance, he hit Alt, then pressed 2 (☻). When he hit "send", it changed to a different symbol. Some turn into this: /, But some stay the same symbol. Peculiar, isn't it? "I wonder if this will change." said Carl. He hit "send" and sent this to Karl: รพ (Alt 254). "Hey, E-Mail!" They shouted together before Karl could open up his IM. They both opened it up. This is what it read:
All day puzzle contest on June 31 this year at the playground at your school.
"Cool!" said Carl. "That's 8 days from today!" "Yep!" said Karl. "It's the 23rd now - Hey! It doesn't say who sent it!" "What the?" Said Carl rather loudly. "Awkward...well, back to the important things in life!" Carl rushed back to his computer seat. Karl bolted to his. And they continued goofing off.

I hope you liked it! I've got a few more things to say. There is something suspicious in this chapter that will matter later in the book, so don't tell anyone if you see it. Just say "I know what it is!" The symbols in the parentheses might change when I post this, that's a warning. I only wanted the part that said Club Code to Chapter 1: Carl and Karl to be in the middle, so it'll look a little weird. Well, bye!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

I know what it is! When did you put this up anyway?

Stockton said...

In the past.

Stockton said...

But to be exact, you should look at the date on top of the title.

Stockton said...

Oh, good! The things in the parentheses didn't change!